Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blog Assignment 1

My name Cody Coleman. I was born and raised in Robertsdale, Alabama, which is across the bay in Baldwin County about forty five minutes away. My family consists of my mother, father, and two brothers; one older, one younger. We live on a 350 acre farm where we raise approximately 250 head of beef cattle. My mother and father both are high school chemistry and physics teachers, which is what I hope to become once I graduate. And also my older brother is a high school math teacher and football coach. It just so happens that my family is my biggest drive for why I want to enter the field of education. I love children and I love to help people and I feel like that is what i was put on this earth to do. And of course I dont mind the christmas and summer breaks either.
As far as passions and hobbies, I love things that most would consider "country." I love working on our farm, hunting, fishing, riding fourwheelers, making huge bonfires out in our back pasteurs, and taking my old truck through the mud every now and then. I also love many sports. I played football in high school and i hope to coach it one day, however in my coming to South i have aquired a new love for a totally different sport. That sport is raquetball. I also love basketball, baseball and another favorite golf. I hope to one day become an old retired teacher who does nothing but travel around in my motorhome and golf!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is really nice that you are fortunate enough to have such great influences in your life. Also, to think that having them in your life made you want the same for yourself as opposed to rejecting the idea of following in their footsteps is great. My father teaches Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. I know that he was a great influence in my life and in my decision to teach as well. I pray that you have the best of luck in your pursuits. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know we had racquetball at South!

    ReplyDelete