Thursday, November 11, 2010

Questionaire Results Project #6



In doing this questionaire i was investigating what students thoughts were about online classes. I found that in our class the majority of the students were juniors so that gave me the opportunity to assume that these students have had both online and lecture classes. About 32% had at least 3 or more online classes. Of my twenty two responses, 73% didnt like to take online classes and i would fall under that category as well. About 60% of the students thought that not getting the teacher-student interaction in the classroom affected their learning ability. The same percentage thoguht that online tests however were easier than regular lecture tests. 68% of the students found it harder to contact their online teacher for help than the actual lecture teacher. 73% of the students decided that it depended on the subject whether online classes were harder or easier. A shocking 100% of the students thought that they gained more practical knowledge in a normal lecture class than an online class. 50% of the students said that they would never take an onilne class again if given the choice. 55% of the students thought that it depends on the subject whether online classes are a good way to learn or not.

This helped me to gain insight on how other students feel compared to my thoughts on online classes. For the most part, my answers for the questionaire reflected the general popululations answers that i have listed. Therefore this helped me to know that it is not just me that believes this way, it is others as well. I also learned that 68% of students found it harder for them to contact their teacher in an online class than a regular lecture class. I felt this way too because of a certain online class that i had in the past but i felt that it may have just been me. So when i asked this question i was shocked to find out that many others had this problem in a lot of different classes as i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment