Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog Post #9

What I've learned this year

dont sweat the small stuff


We were assigned to read "What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung. He makes very valid points in this blog post and I agree with each one he has posted and I think that each are a valuable lesson that we as young aspiring teachers can learn a great deal from. He says that you must be able to let your audience drive your instruction and i believe that is the whole part of teaching. Teach for comprehension and not for what others think about you. His next point was basically dont sweat the small stuff. Here he explains that not every lesson plan is perfect and you must simply go with the flow. I know that this is something that teachers face all the time and I think that if teachers would learn to do like he says then it would make their lives much less stressful. He also says that we must communicate, be reasonable, and most importantly listen to your students because we may be the only one who does. I believe that it is very important to communicate and listen to your students because it builds a trusting and strong relationship between the two. Sometimes students actually look at teachers as role models for thier lives and also look at them as father/mother figures if they never really had one. That is why I think that it is very important to communicate and listen in order to help you create that bond.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. McClung is a great teacher. Did you get an assignment this week to comment on his blog? If not, check it out anyway! Mr. McClung's World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody,
    I really enjoyed your post.I must agree with several things you said.Our future students are our main focus and making sure they get the concepts in the classroom is the key.Also Mr.clung said it well with pointing out that lessons will not be perfect I mean what is..Flowing on in class sometimes helps you learn more.Well thats what I happen to believe.The skill of communication is a great source between students .The teacher never knows the roles he or she will have to play in the room and building a bond is great to have.I enjoyed this blog very much.I wish you the best keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete